Saturday, 21 July 2012

A Belated Prom Post...

Hi everyone, hope you're all okay!

I'm really sorry about the lack of posts recently but I only just got back from my holidays yesterday (which I will talk about in another post later) and haven't been blogging!

On the 11th July, I had my Year 11 prom and it was amazing! Honestly one of the best nights of my life! It was great to just spend the night with my whole year group; dancing, taking photos and just having a laugh! Everyone looked so beautiful and had made such an effort in their outfits! I really wish I could go back to that night!

I decided to do my hair and make up myself rather than going to get it professionally done. This was mainly due to the fact that I really didn't want to be rushing round and in the end, it turned out fine and my day was stress free! I left my hair down, and curled it with my 'Mark Hill Salon Professional Rock Chic Wand', taking little bits of my hair and curling it around the wand to leave natural, bouncy curls.


For my make up, I kept my look quite natural, to match my hair. For my face, I began by using a MAC primer for the base of my make up, to make it last all night. I then used MAC 'Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation' in which I brushed Maybelline 'Dream Matte Powder' on top. I then used my Natural Collection blusher in 'Peach Melba'.
For my eyes, I used my new best friend; the urban decay naked palette. After using a primer, I used 'Sidecar' for the base of my eye. Next, I used 'Smog'. This colour, I used in the crease of my eye to give it some definition and then blended it in with the 'Sidecar' shade I used earlier. I used these two colours together and brought them up to the brow bone also. Lastly, I used 'Half Baked' all over my eye to give it a lighter tone. Instead of using eyeliner, I used 'Creep' from the palette and used it across the eyelid. I then used my Maybelline 'Cat Eyes Mascara' on my eyelashes.
For my lips, I wanted to create a neutral, pinky tone so I used MAC lipstick in ''Plink!' and here was the finished look...
I went to prom with one of my best friends, Harry. He got me the most beautiful corsage! I'm definitely going to keep it. Even though the flowers were real and are kind of dying, I'll get the corsage pressed and wrapped up so I can keep it as a memory of the night.



Before we went to Beamish Hall for our prom, a group of 16 of us came to my house for photos and a spot of champagne. My uncle is a professional photographer, so I asked him if he would be able to take some photos of us and he said he would be delighted to. The photos are great and although we weren't able to go outside because of the miserable weather, we found a great spot in my living room to take the photos. We then had some bubbly and the hummer limo then arrived where all 16 of us hopped in. It was literally like a nightclub! It was unreal!

Friends :-)
Family :-)
I loved every minute of prom. My feet were aching by the end of the night, but it was worth it (I ended up taking them off and just dancing in bare feet). I'd do anything to relive that night, it was amazing! Everyone was so happy and looked stunning! I loved spending it with my favourite people :D


Charlotte xxx