Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Wet 'n Wild Eyeshadow Palette in 'Comfort Zone'




I'm getting quite obsessed with eyeshadow palettes recently and this is not helping my addiction. 'Hi I'm Charlotte and I'm a makeupaholic', is that a thing? I was SO happy when I saw a Wet 'n Wild stand in Tenerife back on my summer holidays so I knew straight away that I had to take something home. I've heard many good things about the eyeshadow palettes and I've always loved the fact that they have what they're used for engraved into the shadows. Because I'm so simple like that and need instructions for everything...or I just get excited about the littlest things. ANYWAY, I decided to go for the 'Comfort Zone' palette, an 8 shade palette full of neutral eyeshadows that go to together to create the perfect look. I love a good neutral eye and rather than getting the normal 3 shade palettes that they have, I thought I'd go all out, especially as we can't get these in England.

As I said, this palette is very much a neutral palette, however it is described as an 'earth-toned' palette, which I completely agree with. It contains 2 browbone shades, 2 base colours, 2 definer shades as well as 2 crease colours, but you obviously don't have to use them in the way that it says. In the look above, I used the two browbone shades mixed together across the lid with the left crease and definer shades in the outer corners. I'm going to admit, the colours aren't the most pigmented eyeshadows I've ever used but they're still good to use and last all day. This palette is such a perfect travel palette as it has everything you need and you don't need to waste space bringing more than you need.

I just want to point out the bottom right definer shade. OH MY GOD, this colour is stunning. It looks like a blue/grey in the palette but when swatched, it comes out as a more metallic and duo-chrome kind of colour. It really reminds me of MAC's Blue Brown pigment and is probably the most pigmented shade in the palette. I don't know how I'm going to use this colour yet but I'm so excited to use it!

You can buy Wet 'n Wild products on Amazon which is great as in the UK we can't physically purchase them. They're such an affordable brand and I will definitely be expanding my collection.

Charlotte xxx

Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest