Sunday 25 October 2015

Review: Makeup Revolution ULTRA Professional Eyeshadow Flawless Matte Palette


Makeup Revolution has to be one of my favourite drugstore makeup brands and maybe even one of my all time favourite brands. I can't ever seem to fault any of the products. They have the quality of high end products but the price of a drugstore product making them the beauty of all make up products. About a month or so ago, I made an rather large enormous order from Makeup Revolution and I can't tell you how excited I was when it came. I think I actually squealed when I came home and found the package on my bed. One of my favourite products and, quite frankly, the one that I was the most excited about, was the ULTRA Professional Eyeshadow Flawless Matte Palette and I was not disappointed. I have been getting into matte eyeshadows and to be honest, I don't really wear shimmers much anymore.

First things first, Makeup Revolution packaging never fails. I love their sleek black packaging with rose gold lettering, it is so simple yet so effective. The palette contains 32 eyeshadow with a huge mirror, which is perfect for travelling. I have been reaching for this everytime I have done an eyeshadow look and not touched any other palette for a long time now. The palette is made up of a range of neutral colours, with lighter shades, a mix of brown and pink shades as well as darker black colours. That is me in an eyeshadow palette. What I also love, is the fact that the palette contains a plastic slip showing all the names of the colours. I think this is such a good touch in eyeshadow palettes as it is easier to identify what is what. I have to admit, I'm not a fan of nameless eyeshadows. Give me a god damn name!

Onto the shadows themselves. The pigmentation is amazing. That is all. I find that a little really does go a long way with these shadows making the palette last even longer! Talking about longevity, the lasting power of these shades is pretty fantastic. I have worn them all day and sometimes all night (even through the pouring rain and the sweaty room of a nightclub) and they've done pretty well. Obviously they work better with a primer but also work not too bad without. In the look I created below I used a mix of 'Flaw' and 'Nutmeg' over the lid, then 'Oak' throughout the crease and a mix of 'Wood' and 'Earth' in the outer corner and crease to create some definition. This look is perfect for day-to-day wear and this is the same for all of the colours in the palette. I'm going to admit, I haven't used all of the shades but have used the majority and I can't wait to use the pinky shades more like 'Matte', 'Shell', 'Muse', 'Warm', 'Rosewood' and 'Rust'.


This palette is honestly amazing and my favourite at the minute. At a price of £8 for 32 shades it is bloomin' fantastic. There is another 32 shade palette just like this from Makeup Revolution which includes shimmer shades for all you glitter lovers (which I will also have to buy!)

Charlotte xxx

Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig