Thursday 29 October 2015

Review: Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette


Can we just take a moment to appreciate how beautiful this palette is...thank you. I think I nearly fainted when I opened this for the first time and that's no word of a lie. I had been seeing a lot of posts on Instagram and Twitter from Sleek about their new highlighting palette and I knew that baby had to be a part of my collection. I'm not being funny though, I genuinely said 'oh my god oh my god oh my god' about ten times when I was opening the box, that's how excited I got.

First of all, the package is bloomin beautiful. It's not your typical black packaging Sleek, but a shiny metallic gold with white writing. Inside, the palette contains 4 highlighting shades: 1 cream highlighter, 1 powder highlighter and 2 baked powder highlighters. It comes with a small brush, which I haven't used yet as I tend to go for my other brushes, and a large mirror (perfect for travelling!). All of the shades have their own name, which come on a little slip. I love this feature because it is so easy to use when you want to talk about a specific shade. The colours are B-E-A-UTIFUL (any Bruce Almighty fans out there?) The pigmentation is amazing and seriously, a little does go a long way. You literally just have to slightly dab your brush into the product and you'll get the perfect glow. Strobing is everywhere at the minute and if you are wanting to look like the next Kim K then this is definitely for you.

Ecliptic
This is the only cream highlighter in the palette and I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of cream highlighters however, I love wearing them underneath powder highlighters as I feel like they make them last a lot longer. It is rose pink shade, verging on the rose gold side of things but with much less gold. I'm so bad at explaining colours oh my. It is incredibly creamy and pigmented, perfect if you want to wear it alone.

Hemisphere
This is the first baked powder highlighter in the palette and is VERY pigmented. The colour is more on the purple side but this does not come up on the cheeks. As it has white shimmer running through it makes it a lot less subtle in colour than it looks in the palette. Like I said this is incredibly pigmented and you need the tiniest bit of product to create such an effect. I think the baked highlighters are my favourite in the palette, I love a bit of glow.

Equinox
Again, like Hemisphere, this a baked powder highlighter and you don't need a lot of product. The colour is more on the peachy side and could actually be a part of a sunkissed look, particularly in the summer. It has white shimmer going through it meaning the colour isn't too strong but gives an amazing glow to the cheeks. I've used this the most out of all the shades in the palette and was actually the first one I tried as it is most definitely the colour for me. Do you ever open your new palette and sit there for ages thinking about what colour to use first? That was me.

Subsolar
The last shade in the palette is very much your standard golden highlighter. This isn't a baked powder but your typical shimmer powder highlighter. I love this shade again, like every other shade in the palette. I don't like to leave colours out. It is very pigmented and reminds me of Makeup Revolution's baked highlighter in the shade 'Golden Lights', mainly because of the colour and pigmentation.

All of these shades could actually double up as eyeshadows, which gives it extra brownie points. I haven't used them as eyeshadows but I will have to try and get back to you! The palette costs £9.99 which is great value for money as you get four shades and the quality is similar to that of high end highlighters!

Charlotte xxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig