Tuesday 6 August 2013

July Favourites.


Hello Everyone!

I love reading blogs and watching videos about other people's favourites for the month so I thought I'd join in the trend and share with you some of the things that I have been loving in the month of July. I can't believe how fast this year has gone and how come it's August already?! Say what?!

I've never actually done a favourites post before so I hope you enjoy reading what I have loved using over this past month:

Rimmel Apocalips - £5.99

Left to Right: 102 Nova, 500 Luna and 501 Stellar
Following the blogger hype, of course, I thought I'd try out some of the new lip lacquers by Rimmel. When I was in York a couple of months ago I bought the colour 102 NOVA which is a hot pink with purple undertones. At first, I have to admit, I wasn't too keen. This may sound weird, but I like a good smelling lip product. Yes, I know you're probably thinking why on earth I'm saying that but it's true. If you have tried a MAC lipstick, you'll know what I mean when I say that they smell slightly like vanilla. Well, the Rimmel Apocalips have this weird smell which put me off a bit. This month, I decided to spend some of my Boots Advantage card points on two colours: 500 LUNA and 501 STELLAR which are an orange/peach colour and a bright red/pink. Once I started using these colours I realised how amazing they are! They glide on like a lip gloss but are highly pigmented and long lasting like a lipstick. I especially like the colour LUNA, it's so summery and would look great with a tan!

Bourjois Cream Blush - £7.99

Left to Right: 02 Healthy Glow and 03 Rose Tender
Again, I did what I always do and followed the hype of these Bourjois Cream Blushes. I have the shades 02 HEALTHY GLOW and 03 ROSE TENDER. These are the first cream blushes I've ever tried and I'm very impressed. I usually apply them with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush on top of my everyday highlighter and they blend in really well. They are long lasting and quite light on the skin but well pigmented, if that makes any sense? I've been using ROSE TENDER quite a lot, even so that I've nearly hit pan. Oops! This colour is a gorgeous rose pink and HEALTHY GLOW is a peach/orange colour (which, in fact, goes very well with Rimmel Apocalips in LUNA, if anyone would like to know!). Great for summer!

Sinful Colours Nail Polish - £1.99

Left to Right: Tinkleberry and Pink Forever
This month, I have been painting my nails an array of colours. I also like a bit of a change and when I came across this new range in Boots, I thought I'd give them a go. I first saw these when I watched Gabriella from Velvetgh0st's beauty haul video and so when I took a trip to Boots one day a bought two: TIMBLEBERRY and PINK FOREVER

Dove Summer Glow - £2.49

I first saw this product being used when I saw that Anna from The Style Diet using it and talking about it in a few of her videos. It looked so natural on her but I never really considered buying it. It wasn't until my mam started using that I thought hmm, maybe I will have a go. Luckily, she had two bottles and offered me one of them. Well, a girl can't turn down a free beauty product can she? This product is basically a body lotion with a hint of self tanner which gradually gets browner after you apply it. I have the shade of fair to medium and this is the perfect tone for my skin. I applied it every morning after my shower for about a week or so and I noticed that my skin turned to a golden brown, without streaks or any oompa-loompa-ness!

L'Oreal New Studio Matt & Messy Shine-Free Sea Salt Spray - £3.69


I do love a good sea salt spray and lately, I've given away my trusty Lee Stafford spray and swapped for this baby. This product is much more cheaper than the Lee Stafford product and it still does a great job. If I'm honest, I think it is better! It doesn't leave any residue in your hair or makes it feel 'crispy' and obvious that it has any product in. This sea salt spray has a pleasant smell and a little goes a long way. I spray my hair when it's wet and then again after I blow dry it. It leaves a natural, tousled look, just like you've been on a Californian beach. *dreams about that beach, ahhhh*

Fashion - Shirts and Blouses


The fashion item that I have been loving lately are these Topshop blouses. I have this red with white polka dots blouse, which I bought first, and also a white with black hearts blouse (which I don't have a photo of because it's in the wash, sorry!) I think these blouses are really practical as they go with almost anything. You could wear them on their own with leggings or tucked into jeans or shorts. They smarten up an outfit and are really comfy and quite cool, I've noticed whenever I where them, they don't make me really hot as they have a light material. They retailed at about £38 (I think) and have been a favourite fashion item of mine this month. I'm already on the lookout for the next lot of blouses to add to my collection!

So there you have it, my July favourites! Let me know if you've tried any of these items in the comments below because I'd really love to hear your views!

Charlotte xxx


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig