Sunday 15 March 2015

MAC's 'Honeylove' Lipstick Review







The Kylie Jenner lip trend has become very popular amongst girls, particularly over the blogging and YouTube community. I, even though I love the Kardashian/Jenner family, have never really gotten into the whole 'I need MAC Velvet Teddy to look like Kylie Jenner' phase. I just didn't think that a brown toned nude would suit me so I didn't really bother. However, for Christmas I received MAC's 'Honeylove', a brown toned nude similar to that of Kylie Jenner's lipstick choice. Have I entered the craze? I had this on my wishlist for over a year since I saw my friend wearing it to sixth form and I really liked it. So, when I received this as a gift I was really excited to try it out.

I own a lot of nude lipsticks but none of this sort. All of my nudes are mainly pink toned as I think they suit me more and I like how they look on the lips. I have never tried a brown toned nude before but I thought I'd give it a shot. This lipstick, in my opinion, would suit many skin tones as it is a natural looking lipstick, perfect for those who aren't keen on going for the bold choice. But for me, I still prefer a more pinky nude. I don't dislike this lipstick, however, as I do think it is a lovely colour and I've worn it a lot since I received it at Christmas! It is a matte finish but doesn't look too dry on the lips and actually has a slight sheen to it when you first apply. The consistency is quite creamy, making it much easier to apply than many matte lipsticks. I do find though that sometimes you can see the cracks and dry skin on your lips, especially if you have dry lips which I've suffered from recently.

It does last a long time which puts a huge tick next to this BUT it does not last as long as some of my other lipsticks, especially Russian Red, as it can rub of throughout the day. It is perfect for an all year round colour and would suit any skin tone!

Have you tried Honeylove?

Charlotte xxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig