Sunday 14 June 2015

My Beauty Confessions.


I've had my blog for three years now and over those three years, blogging has taught me many things. In particular, living with the fact that you'll probably spend the majority of your money on the make up section of boots rather than food, drink and anything thing else that is necessary for you to live. Yay for make up lovers wooo we're in this together! Being a beauty blogger however, comes with many expectations which if I'm honest, don't always happen. I was thinking about this the other day and how much stuff I don't actually do which I probably should as well as things that I do which (shamefully) I probably shouldn't. So I thought I'd create a little list, cause we all love a good list don't we?

1. My make up brushes are usually abandoned until weeks later when I get the motivation to actually clean them. It's just one chore that I do not enjoy doing.

2. I'll put my hands up and say I sometimes use make up wipes and make up wipes only. Yes, I know they're not good for you unless you follow them up with cleanser, toner and blah blah blah but only recently have I stopped using wipes to take my make up off and actually made myself a skincare routine. FOUR FOR YOU GLEN COCO YOU GO GLEN COCO.

3. I have to take wipes out with me anywhere I go just incase I happen to fall into Boots and Superdrug because doesn't that always happen? I always keep them in my bag because without a doubt I will cover my hands in lipstick and eyeshadow swatches and rubbing tissues over them just makes me look like I have a disease.

4. I will buy many lipsticks that are practically the same colour as many of the lipsticks I own because they're new or just look pretty.

5. I don't fill in my eyebrows. Never have done. I only use a brow gel because quite frankly my eyebrows are so thick and dark already that I don't necessarily need to. Sorry eyebrow lovers.

6. On the topic of eyebrows, I never pluck them either! I TRY to when they're getting a bit out of hand but I just can't pluck them right. I always get my eyebrows waxed and that lasts me for a while.

7. I rarely exfoliate before applying fake tan. I know I should but I just forget or generally can't be bothered. To be frank, I'm just lazy!

8. I also don't always use a base coat and top coat. This is really bad, especially not using a base coat, but I am literally the most impatient person when it comes to drying my nails.

9. Haircare is the least of my priorities. A lot of people have a strict haircare routine but I don't really seem to bother. I should get into caring for my hair a lot more but for now I'll stick to whatever shampoo and conditioner smells nice.

10. I keep make up packaging because it's pretty.

11. I may have a continuous list of make up products that I want to buy but know I'll have to wait ages until I have the money to buy them because 1) I love lists and 2) I really love make up...

12. I'm probably known by the security guards in Superdrug and Boots because hanging round the make up counters for an hour is probably seen as slightly suspicious.

Let me know your beauty confessions!

Charlotte xxx

Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig