Thursday 4 June 2015

My Top 5: Nude/Pink Lipsticks

Top to bottom: MAC Hue, MAC Creme Cup, MAC Snob, Revlon Lip
Butter 'Strawberry Shortcake', Tanya Burr Lipgloss 'Afternoon Tea'
I wanted to discuss some of my top 5 favourite make up and beauty items and so to start with, I thought I'd talk about my top 5 favourite Nude/Pink lip colours. I love a nude lip, I think it can really finish off a look and make it look effortless. The majority of nude lipsticks that I own are more pink based shades and therefore the majority of my top 5 contains very pink toned colours. As you can see, not all of them are lipsticks, with only 3 in fact being in lipstick form. I have a bit of an obsession with MAC lipsticks so I do apologise if there is a MAC overload in the next few weeks but they're just too bloody damn good!

MAC Honeylove


I've written a blog post about this lipstick before (which you can read here) and I've had it since Christmas and still love it. It's more of a brown toned nude, a very Kylie Jenner shade, and is a matte finish meaning it lasts all day. I think this colour works with all skin tones, it suits me when I'm pale and when I have tan on so it is a perfect, all round colour. It is such a great shade to throw on when you're going for a natural and subtle look.

MAC Creme Cup


A very much loved lipstick amongst the blogging and YouTube community, I think I bought this a while before I got into blogging so I feel like I knew about this way before many people. You know when you hear a song ages before it goes into the charts and feel a little bit of you die inside when everyone knows it and it's no longer your song anymore? That's how I felt about this lipstick. But anyway, I love this shade. It is the perfect baby pink shade and as it is a cremesheen finish it gives a subtle gloss too. It has blue undertones to it, making your teeth look whiter than they may be and is just a perfect natural, girly lipstick.

MAC Snob


This is my most recent MAC purchase and what a good purchase it is. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about Snob, many saying it doesn't suit their skin tone. For me, it is a purple toned pink which suits me better when I have a tan. However, it doesn't look too bad when I'm pale either making it perfect for everyday wear. It is a satin finish, meaning it has a slight gloss to it, similar to Creme Cup. It's great for all seasons and I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this!

Revlon Lip Butter - 'Strawberry Shortcake'


I remember last year these lip butters became a huge craze over the blogosphere. I actually own three shades (and you can read about two of them here) but I have to admit, Strawberry Shortcake is my favourite. As a pink lipstick lover, this is the perfect pink shade, not to soft and not too bright if you get me? It glides on like a dream and is moisturising just like a lip butter (hence the name obvs Charlotte), giving a subtle gloss. This is perfect for just whipping on if you're in a hurry!

Tanya Burr Lipgloss - 'Afternoon Tea'


Believe it or not, I only own one Tanya Burr lipgloss. I know right, shocking. I do love Tanya Burr. Everything about her is just too hard not to love. When she brought out her own makeup line everyone went crazy. I'm one of those people who doesn't really jump on the bandwaggon until the craze dies down so then I will give in to the hype. I bought one of her lipglosses in the shade 'Afternoon Tea' and oh my days I was not disappointed. The lipgloss is unbelievably creamy and gives gorgeous glossy lips. I've never been that into lipglosses but this has changed me. The colour is a very baby pink type of pink and is such a girly shade. Also, I have to mention the smell of these lipglosses. Just think sweets, and if you're a lover of sweets like me you'll be very excited.

So there you have my top 5 favourite nude/pink lipsticks. I'm thinking about doing a continuous top 5 themed post every week or every other week to share with you my favourite products. Let me know what you think!

Charlotte xxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig