Tuesday 23 June 2015

My Nighttime Skincare Routine


Okay guys, I've been really proud of myself lately. I've actually made a skincare routine and stuck to it. Yes, pat on the back for Charlotte, thank you everyone. My skin has changed so much recently and I think it's purely because of the products I've been using and how regularly I use them. I've dumped the make up wipes (well I SOMETIMES use them, but only when I'm shattered and can't be bothered, this happens like once every two weeks) and I've bought new products to take my make up off and cleanse my face. My skin has never felt so soft and smooth, I'm buzzing. I've tried drinking more water too which I always find helps my skin a huge amount. I thought I'd show you my nighttime skincare routine, I love reading about which products people use as I'm always on the hunt for an even better skincare product so I thought I'd show you what I love to use. 


Step 1: The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter
Rather than using make up wipes to take my make up I've starting using this cleansing butter. I heard a lot of good things about this product so I thought it might be a good starter product for my skincare routine and when I went to buy it, the shop assistant raved about it so it would be rude not to get it I suppose! It is more like a cleansing balm than a butter, with it being a solid product in the tin. To remove my make up, I take a little bit of the product and rub it in my hands to warm up the product and sort of liquify it before rubbing it all over my face and eyes. Then with a warm cloth, I just wash it all off. Even if I do look like a drunk panda when I'm rubbing the product in, it bloody well does the job. I usually find that if I take my make up off any other way without using a wipe, most of my mascara is still left on but with this, everything completely comes off.


Step 2: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Like seriously, I don't think I could live without it now. This has been raved about all over the blogging and YouTube community and I can totally understand what the hype is all about. It costs around £4 so it's pretty damn good especially for how big the bottle is. I usually apply this to a cotton pad and rub it all over my face just to get any excess dirt that the cleansing balm might have missed as well as soothing and toning my face. You can even use this to remove your make up and I've tried it before and works just as good!


Step 3: Daily Essentials Regenerating Night Cream
I got to a point in my life (how dramatic, I'm only 18) where I realised how much I needed to moisturise. My skin became so dry and dull and I moisturised once in a while. Even my mam was shocked when I told her I didn't moisturise as much as I should, she made it very clear I'd get wrinkles when I'm older. Anyway, I thought rather than using the same moisturiser for both my morning and nighttime routine I'd get a specific night cream. I've never really tried Nivea face products so I thought I'd try some and they're so inexpensive too. I bought this night cream and it's quite a thick formula but I always wake up with skin as smooth as a baby's bottom (I don't get why that saying is so positive, I've never wanted my face to feel like a bum?!) 


Step 4: Simple Kind to Eyes Revitalising Eye Roll-On
This product is definitely one of my favourite ever skincare products. I've always loved the Simple range and used to use a lot of their products when I was a bit younger. I suffer from dark circles under my eyes and I used to hate the way they looked when I woke up every morning. Ever since I started using this my circles have looked nearly non-existent and I couldn't be more happier. I just apply this last after my moisturiser but I don't rub it in. I use it morning and nighttime and could not miss it out of my routine!

I'm determined to keep up with this skincare routine because I've seen a huge difference ever since I started! Keep a look out for my morning skincare routine soon...

Charlotte xxx

Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig